Dr. Ken and Dr. Kevin are Certified Orthodontic Specialists. Years of additional education and examinations are required for certification.
Dr. Ken and Dr. Kevin stay on the cutting-edge of the profession through numerous continuing education programs. Dr. Ken and Dr. Kevin are orthodontic advisors for the Kaiser Cleft Lip and Palate team, and the orthodontic advisors for two local dental implant study groups. Dr. Ken has been teaching graduate orthodontic residents for over 30 years at the University of the Pacific Department of Orthodontics in San Francisco. Dr. Kevin will become a course instructor in the University of the Pacific, Department of Orthodontics.
The technical expertise that the doctors provide to our patients is matched only by the dedication and caring of his entire office team. The clinical and administrative staff members have dedicated themselves to providing all of our patients with the highest level of personalized service.
Our staff sparkles with enthusiasm and a caring attitude towards our patients. We strive to provide the best customer service to everyone that we come into contact with and try to exceed their expectations. We are known as the office that provides exceptional personal care.
We spend time training our employees on customer service in addition to the more technical aspects of orthodontics. Our employees average over 20 years of service in our office. We develop close bonds with our patients and their families during the course of treatment.
We maintain close contact and communication with our patient's general dental team to insure that all aspects of their dental health are taken care of. Because we treat a large number of adult cases, we are instrumental in the planning stages of pre-prosthetic care. We treat more cleft lip and palate patients than any office in the area.
Our orthodontic treatment facility is state-of-the-art. We use the most current certified sterilization techniques. Our digital X-ray equipment has been designed to minimize radiation exposure in order to protect the general health of our patients.
Your time and convenience is important to us. Our office hours are from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM so that we can accommodate our patients' busy work and school schedules. Our office also maintains 24/7 emergency coverage. We are available when you need us.
Our Mission Statement
We strive to be recognized in our community as the finest quality, patient-centered Orthodontic Practice and to exceed the expectations of everyone that we meet.
Our Promises to Patience
- We will recommend only treatment which is necessary and will give options when possible.
- Our treatment will be founded on sound scientific research.
- Our fees will be fair for the services provided.
- We will treat every patient as if he/she were a family member.
- Dr. Shimizu will delegate only appropriate procedures to staff.
- Shimizu Orthodontics employs highly-qualified, well-trained individuals who are aligned with the mission of the practice.
- We will not compromise our treatment ideals based on affiliation with insurance companies.
- We will communicate with you frequently and honestly, and we welcome your questions and comments.
- We will maintain uncompromising levels of cleanliness and sterility.
- We will make your orthodontic treatment as enjoyable as possible.
- We will know you and treat you as an individual, not a set of teeth.
- We will respect your time, as we know you will respect ours. We will make every effort to run on time.
- We will remember every day that we are fortunate to have our patients choose our office for their orthodontic needs.
- It is our goal that Shimizu Orthodontics is used as the gold standard to which all other medical/dental offices are compared when it comes to Customer Service Excellence.
Our Service Vaules
- I create unique and genuine experiences for all of our patients.
- I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed needs and wishes of our patients.
- I enthusiastically and continuously motivate and educate our patients about quality care.
- I understand that one of my primary responsibilities is to build strong relationships with everyone that comes in contact with Shimizu Orthodontics.
- I understand that Shimizu Orthodontics places a very high value on teamwork and coaching.
- I continually seek opportunities to enhance and improve the Shimizu experience.